Reishi and Exercise: Can it Give You an Edge?
Article at a Glance:
- Exercise is an important piece of overall wellness, and Reishi mushrooms may help you get the most out of the workouts you love.
- Reishi mushrooms may help support your exercise routine by improving exercise endurance, supporting your flexibility, and even aiding in post-exercise recovery so you can keep moving.
- Adding Reishi gummies to your everyday health regimen is a convenient and delicious way to reap the functional benefits of mushrooms for your exercise.
Moving your body is one of the most important things you can do for your health. Experts agree that getting into a rhythm of regular exercise is beneficial for your whole body, including your heart, respiratory health, muscular and skeletal systems, brain, and more. Aiming for 30-60 minutes of physical activity per day is a good goal, whether that means jogging, walking the dog, playing soccer, doing yoga, swimming, taking a group fitness class, or a mix of several things you enjoy.
Many people find that adding Reishi mushrooms can benefit their exercise routine and fitness goals. Reishi mushrooms have been used for centuries because of their ability to offer functional health benefits.
Let’s take a closer look at what the research says about using Reishi mushrooms to support exercise and how you may benefit from them.
One of the biggest things many people struggle with when exercising is the ability to stay moving for an extended period. Think about the last few times you have exercised. It's easy to get tired and need to slow down or take a break. It's okay to take a break, but it can be frustrating when you cannot finish a workout with the same energy you started.
Some research suggests that Reishi mushrooms help support exercise endurance, or the ability to continue moving your body for longer. For example, one 2015 randomized controlled trial found that daily supplementation of a Reishi mixture for six weeks helped improve aerobic endurance among women. Another 2021 study found that polysaccharides in Reishi mushrooms offered benefits regarding feelings of tiredness.
Another common complaint related to physical activity is feeling inflexible. Have you ever started working out and felt like your muscles couldn't stretch as much as you're used to? Some research suggests that Reishi mushrooms could help.
Among women with musculoskeletal discomfort, adding Reishi mushrooms to their fitness regimen helped improve their lower body flexibility. Understandably, this improvement helped support their overall experience with exercise.
Following exercise, it's common to feel tired or develop sore muscles from the lactic acid buildup during a workout. When we're feeling this way, staying motivated and staying active in the following few days can be harder. Incorporating Reishi mushrooms into your health routine may be helpful for your body's recovery after you work out.
One 2018 study found that a Reishi-containing supplement could help support energy during exercise and improve recovery afterward. By helping your body recover after being active, you can set yourself up to enjoy other physical activities more in the days following.
Adding Reishi functional mushrooms to your daily routine may offer several health benefits, including support for your ability to enjoy and recover from regular exercise.
Each of our Fungies® gummies contains the equivalent of 500mg of Reishi mushrooms. Not only are they deliciously apple-flavored, but they are also gluten-free, gelatin-free, and vegan-friendly. Grab a bottle or two today and start reaping the exercise benefits of Reishi.
- Collado Mateo D, Pazzi F, Domínguez Muñoz FJ, et al. Nutr Hosp. 2015;32(5):2126-2135. Published 2015 Nov 1. doi:10.3305/nh.2015.32.5.9601
- Cai M, Xing H, Tian B, et al. Carbohydr Polym. 2021;269:118329. doi:10.1016/j.carbpol.2021.118329
- Li H, Chen YJ, Hsu YJ, et al. Chin J Physiol. 2018;61(6):372-383. doi:10.4077/CJP.2018.BAH646